- A light blanket of snow covers the preserve. Open water and birds in The Cove Estuary.
The 2023 Fish Tales Lecture Series brought the science of the Great Lakes Fisheries to Door County and beyond. Fish Tales is an educational lecture series hosted by Crossroads at Big Creek in partnership with the Door County Library.
This year’s series explored a variety of topics including:
- The impact of nest fishing on smallmouth bass recruitment
- The challenges to restore and preserve the Great Lakes
- Research on how bi-directional, selective fish passage can be achieved while controlling the invasive sea lamprey
- The recent detection of largemouth bass virus in Green Bay smallmouth bass and its affect on their abundance.
All presentations were held in-person at 7PM (CST) in the lecture hall of the Collins Learning Center at Crossroads at Big Creek, 2041 Michigan Street, Sturgeon Bay, Wisconsin. Zoom and Facebook Live links were available and offered in partnership with the Door County Library.
A playlist of all four lectures is available below.